Tuesday, June 2, 2009

More Spring Loves ♥

I am posting a few of my spring 09 loves. To generalize my favorites from spring, whether they appear in this post or not, I adored the casual men's wear "boyfriend blazer" and all the one-shouldered dresses. I also love the under-embellished looks of Calvin Klein and (as previously covered in another post) Lanvin, where the designers really concentrated on tailoring to make things interesting. That isn't to say I've given up my love of bling - that won't go away =) Anyway, here are a fewwww picks, I have many more to come. Hope I can cover spring AND fall by the time next year's spring shows roll around! So much work to do.
All my images are credit style.com



First, makeup. I really love how Versace does makeup every season, so it was no surprise that I'm inclined to add it here as my first look on Vlada Roslyakova.




Alberta Ferretti
I'm not much into the the fringed dresses she had for spring, but there are always a few things I can pick out from her show that I adore.



Badgley Mischka
Not much to say here. The line is basic and pretty, things I can definitely appreciate.



Blumarine
I think Blumarine churns out some very beautiful clothes, even if it isn't a favorite of the critics. Although I don't usually have a tendancy towards baby blues and pinks, I'd adore any of these clothes (but I'll skip out on those headbands...).









Bottega Veneta
Bottega Veneta carried off some simple yet pretty looks that are easy to wear. Although most of the looks were too drab for me, these two seemed to be the freshest of the clothes (they look so similar!).



Calvin Klein
I really love how Calvin Klein used such luminous fabrics and interesting shapes to make the clothes stand out. I love how the dresses were so shimmery!






Carolina Herrera
Carolina Herrera can make some very lovely things. I really love the golden leaves on the first dress.






Chanel
I'm not the biggest fan of Karl, but I love the patterning and the garments dripping with chains. I did NOT however, appreciate the weird (and random!) folky dresses and all the unflattering drop waists. Yuck.







Christopher Kane
Christopher Kane is so creative, and is one of the less classic designers I love. There is something still strangely wearable in his clothes despite basing his line off the movie Planet of the Apes. Although his vision may not resonate with my personal everyday style, I think his designs are so cute!




Dolce and Gabbana
More and more I like Dolce and Gabbana; they've come a long way since their over-done sex-pot shows. And although glammed-out pajamas don't really strike a chord with me, some of the looks were done well - espeacially love the intricate details.



5 comments:

  1. I LOVE Dolce and Gabbana, Blumarine dresses and gorgeous beige on-shoulder look by Alberta Ferretti!

    FM~FP

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, great collection of clothing! Love Versace make up too!
    XOXOXO
    Libby
    http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your sweet comment!
    And the blumarine clothes are just gorgeous!!

    x!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these dresses! Makes me want to get all dolled up and go somewhere for no real reason!

    xoxo
    J

    www.talkprettytome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

ありがとうございました