Wednesday, November 11, 2009

RUFFLES: STELLA VS LANVIN

Generally speaking, ruffles are really not "my thing." I find them somewhat unflattering when it comes to exaggerating the figure and all too often childish. Spring 2010, however, produced two shows in which I was head-over-heels with ruffles for the first time in my life: Stella McCartney and Lanvin. McCartney and Elbaz had completely different takes on the look - while McCartney's looks were young and flirty, Elbaz designed something far more sleek and mature. To open my closet and see any of these looks would be unworldly - last night I dreamed of wearing the first look by Stella with a loose black cropped trouser and louboutins: perfection! The only thing that could have made it any better is if I had the white Lanvin dress on Magdalena to change into afterwards! Anyway, who do you think does it better? All runway images from coutorture.



15 comments:

  1. I LOVE alber Elbaz so much so I`ll have to go with Lanvin!!!LOVE that white dress,and the red one too!!!Really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ruffles & your picks are exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove ruffles! those last 2 dresses are simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last dress is so classic. I love it!
    xxx
    Patricia-kate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh, I love the hardly-not-notice ruffles. I wouldn't say man would think they are romantic but I think they are so feminine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I'm not a Lanvin girl, and I love Stella.. I think the Lanvin ruffles would probably be more flattering-- Stella's ruffles are kind of the overthetop decorative ones, whereas Lanvin is kind of sexy, and theyre used to accentuate..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait a second! Are you telling me that you're going to Parsons? What are you studying? I spent my summer in NYC studying Fashion @ LIM and I'd like so so so much to study there the whole year.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS. I love the dress Magdalena Frackowiak was wearing in that show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i <3 the ruffles (: the last one is so gorgeous!!
    xx cody

    codyjune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of them create so rich statement ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ciao, how are you? J'aime this style, thanks for sharing! Have a good weekend!

    @ MAISONCHAPLIN.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh! Jenny, what a wonderful post!!! i have so much respect for stella McCarntey - innovative, modern and feminine .... have a wonderful weekend!!! and thanks for your very lovely words - i will be seeing you around often, xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh ruffles, how they make my heart flutter. i do see your point, when done wrong they look awful. but the lanvin collection just killed me. everything was beautiful and elegant, ruffles and all. great post! have a good weekend jenny!

    www.amoreeggrorr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

ありがとうございました