Saturday, July 2, 2011

ALEXANDER MCQUEEN RESORT 2012

I've read a lot of mixed reviews about this collection: a lot of people seem to think that when a new designer takes over as creative director of a label, the following collections are meant to mimic those of the previous designer (which is simply impossible; designers like Alexander McQueen are simply irreplaceable). However, I think Sarah Burton's work for McQueen has been quite strong so far, and while this collection may be "safer" than usual, it does speak to the label's aesthetic and is quite lovely. It certainly is very wearable, and very chic. I love it! What do you think of Burton's collections for McQueen?



3 comments:

  1. Burton is steering the ship well I believe. I think they're all beautiful pieces x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love it!!! Sooo very chic indeed...I would wear them all!! Except for the 2 bronze looking dresses; almost look like animal print...those two are whatever, but I love everything else! Stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that last dress is perfection

    ReplyDelete

ありがとうございました