Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spring Pickin'

I know I KNOW, it seems like the moment the fall runways are presented, the spring ones seem so irrelevant (even if we are still in April!), but in order to keep the spirit of good weather alive and well, I'm going to mention just a fewwww of my loves for spring. Don't get too excited now...


Lanvin: OK. So I can't even pick a favorite from Lanvin for Spring, because each look was too gorgeous and equally desireable. I loved all the one shouldered, puffed sleeve shirts tucked into little skirts and the interesting way everything was tailored. Alber Elbaz kept everything so simple, but completely lovely. Gah, I love that man. See the video of the Lanvin show here.













Balmain: It was Fall08 that really introduced me to Balmain - before that is was just a name with a fuzzy association with hippiness and perhaps a replacement Cavalli. Now I can't get enough of Christophe Decarnin's creations. Although I've never been a fan of the "rock chick" look, he just does it so well! Do you see the shoes? What I wouldn't give for a pair of those kick-ass shoes... And in case you were wondering, that lovelyyy girl in the second Balmain pic is Natasha Poly - much love. See a video of the Balmain looks here.










No comments:

Post a Comment

ありがとうございました